Wednesday 15 February 2012

Wednesdays'...

 Wednesdays are generally quite boring.

 The middle of the week - not quite as shit as Mondays, but not close enough to the weekend for some people. However since my "weekdays" are Saturday and Sunday, I quite look forward to Mondays :)
 Today we had a plan! But it went to shit, as we we're supposed to go to town and buy a rug off the market, check if the other bedside table from Argos was in stock, and get some smarter clothes to wear for Robin's mums funeral. Buuuut we ended up just going to Asda, getting some food and going back home :P
 Though we did get some nice clothes for Robin ^^


 The other day in town however, I managed to pick up the lantern that caught my eye in TKMaxx. I saw it the day before, but it was £20 and I was skint :P
 But now it is in my possession! It's not only awesome, but I thought it would fit in nicely to our oriental theme in the living room. Interior designer much?
 Though I still have to make that lampshade stencil of a blossom tree :O


 I have a thing for candles.


 Personally, I find they're quite relaxing, and being a sort of pyromaniac, I love the aspect of having fire close :P Plus it makes meditation a lot easier when mixed with some incense. Though not the shitty sort, like the cheap sickening vanilla or lavender. I've tested quite a few different types from a small shop just out of town called Spellbound. Sounds a bit cliché, but their incenses are really nice! The names for them are a tad strange, and often don't smell like what they're described, such as 'Grass' or 'Rain', but generally they're really good, and cheap! Therefore I'd recommend :)


 I haven't been in there for a while either. It's not a very commonly used shop for most 'normal' people, as they'd probably take one look at the name of the store and think it's contents include wands, cauldrons and books of spells-for-the-gullible. But they'd be wrong!
 They do actually sell cauldrons ^^ but only small ones are they're not used to boil rats tails and slugs - just to boil herbs to make your own remedy's, or to experiment making new scents for incense burning :)
 Other things they sell include candles, gemstones, ornaments, books, and CD's, although most of the CD's are for meditation. They also have lots of dream catchers that I looove :D Which Robin has bought a few for me in the past :)


 Some stuff can be quite 'religiony' in there. Personally, I'm only interested in Buddhism, and Wicca, as they're the only two that make any sense to me. But they have some full-on Christian bible and Jesus orientated crap, which doesn't appeal to me at all. But I just ignore that stuff whenever I visit ^^.
 I think the first thing I bought from there was my Wiccan pentagram ornament. Both Buddhism and Wicca are very meditation based religions. One of the differences for me is that with Buddhism you don't need to use anything to meditate, whereas with Wicca, you use the four elements and it's best to have them present whenever you do meditate.
 For example, the four elements include; Wind, Air, Fire and Water. My pentagram ornament is used for the earth element (or else you could just use some earth from your garden), I have some nice pentagram decorated candle holders and lighted candles for my Fire. For Water, I use a bowl that I also got from Spellbound (similar style to my pentagram ornament), and for Air I use incense sticks :)
 Those you have present whenever you meditate, but it's not always a must, I just find it nice to do it properly :D


 Though I haven't meditated in a while :( Maybe later tonight, or when I have moved over my Wicca stuff from Mum's ^^



- February - 

The Month of Bleeding Hearts
Aquarius: February 1-19 - Pisces: February20-29

Plant to Avoid: Bleeding Heart
Doomsday Device: Poison Valentine
Evil Omen: Butterfly kiss from a cyclops


- February 15 - 

Your an expert at managing crises and keeping your cool when situations begin heating up. These skills will be put to the test, however, when you find yourself trapped in a crematory furnace.

Dark days: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday

1 comment:

  1. It's more or less impossible to read with that background :(

    ReplyDelete