Sunday 18 December 2011

Sunday morning rain is falling...

...Steel some cover, share some skin.. Maroon 5 :)



Anyway, back to the point!


 Sundays.. Oh, how I dislike them. A miserably cold, dark morning start at the apparently reasonable time of 5:45am and trying to fight the powerful temptation of just getting back under the covers and telling yourself it's already Monday until you fall back asleep.
 The second hardest part is leaving the house that's only just beginning to warm up as the heating ticks itself on. Going outside in the incredibly fresh.. scrap that.. *freezing(!) air, and having to scrape the clingy frost off from your car windscreen.
 Poor little Betty (my car) has had trouble recently when starting up, she flakes out and resets and throws a hissy fit. So I either stick it out and wait until shes ready to start, or I go in my mums car! ^^
 This morning I just knew she wasn't going to have any of it, especially when I ventured outside to go to work and seen her caked in a little frosted tomb! So we took mum's :)


 I hate when you have to sit in a cold car, on a cold winters morning and wait for the engine to heat up to give you some warm air through the AC.. What's worse is when it's just got lovely and warm, coincidentally, at the exact time you pull up at work.. so it's back to freezing my ass off and start cooking! And you know, the heat in the kitchen just doesn't match up to the kind of warmth you get when your sitting at home, chilling, watching other people freeze outside!


 Evil? No! They probably do the same to me when I'm dragging my ass outside to scrape off some frost at 6am!


 Oh and by the way.. I have company.


 Not the kind you invite into your home, offer a warm cuppa and a biscuit and chat about the latest shit on the telly. Oh no. This one is all but pleasant.. A spot! And a pretty huge one aswell :(


 Currently residing on my face. Yes, John, if your reading this, your most likely filled with joy knowing I'm walking around somewhere in public with a second head on my face! And it just so happened to conjure itself in the perfect viewing point on my cheek this morning where i had to spend a joyful 9 hours with work colleagues all pointing and laughing!
 I wasn't unknown for the jokes.. as my mum gladly demonstrated a good handful - Robin too!
 I tried to cover it! Of course I tried, but a spot of this size wasn't coverable! I took a handy little bottle of E45 cream with me to work, and kept lashing bucket loads on, but It just made it worse.. much worse :(
 So Mum had some sort of demented epiphany of putting salt on it.. so like a daughter does, I took her motherly, years-of-knowledgeable advice, and applied some salt to my face.. that bastard stung like a son of a bitch!


 At this point, I am not only fully ashamed to be out in public with this second head freely growing on my face, but I'm also at work, with nowhere to hide, in pain because this thing is stinging it's way through my flesh, and awkwardly sitting there with a large helping of salt just residing on my face..


 Oh how I love Sundays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment