Saturday 10 December 2011

What a rubbish day..

Today I had work.
I usually have work Saturday and Sunday, and bake for the restaurant at home.


It started off as a usual Saturday morning. Got up, had breakfast (I don't usually have breakfast, but my mum got in those crunchy nut bites with nuts and caramel that i looooooove :D), took my choccy out of todays advent calendar door and left for work.


Thursday and Friday I was asked to come into work because one of the chefs wanted them days off for his birthday, but where I usually park up the side of the restaurant, some builders were doing some work on the bank building on the other side, so they blocked it off. Which left me having to park in the shopping centers multi-storey car-park.


I was not at all pleased (mainly because I have to pay for a ticket and I have further to walk! Oh noes!)


Today was the same - I arrived at work, and there was the same builders doing the same old non-working-multiple-tea-break kinda work with the barriers blocking my path.. Off to the multi-storey!


Due to it being Saturday (and 10:30am) the car-park was full, and there was a queue waiting to enter - this added to my already annoyed attitude; First I can't park right beside my place of work, then I have to queue for 10 minutes and all the time thinking I also have to pay for this!


Eventually I grabbed my ticket and drove in.. Now the 3rd level was where I wanted to park as it's where you can just walk straight into the shopping center without taking stairs of lifts, but just as I drove up the steep ramp leading to the 3rd level, the car infront of me suddenly decides to stop, therefore I break too.


This caused problems for me..


I have a 2002 fiat punto. It's not an old banger, but it's also not the latest model, so poor old Betty (as i've named her :)) has some trouble getting up steep hills without a lot of momentum.


I'm stuck right on the hill, the car infront of me has already drove off, probably feeling happily successful knowing the car behind him (me) is now stuck (bastard!).


I crank my hand-break right up, rev the shit out of Betty, slowly release the hand-break in attempt to get her up this damn ramp.. She starts sliding back.


So I try again, and yet again she slides back a little.. each time I have to quickly crank my hand-break back on due to the arse behind me being right up my cars arse!


I start panicking, and I can feel the two dudes in the car behind me laughing away and mocking my driving skills (as men do).


I know I wont make it, so i tell them to reverse so atleast I can get some momentum to actually make it - I start slowly going back but they wont move!
So I wind my window down and tell the two cars behind me to move, but all they do in return is whine at my driving.. At this point i'm filling with anger and embarrassment :(


They eventually slowly move their asses back a bit and gave me enough space (not a lot of it I will add!) to rev little Betty enough to get her to the top! Of course, the lads in the car behind start yelling "Oh for god sake!" because they must have thought I just wanted to leave!


Pah!


So nieve!


Even though I made it up and managed to find a space, I sat in my car for a little while feeling stupid, embarrassed, and just wanted to cry :(
Why do people just feel the need to make people, who are clearly in need of help, feel like crap?
If this happened 20 years ago, people would get out of their car and help them out, doing their 'good deed for the day' an' all that.
But no.


What also dawned on me when I got out of the car, was I had to somehow try and carry 2 big chocolate tins and 4 smaller plastic tubs filled with mince pies on my own! *sigh!*


On my way down the escalators (or struggling down the escalators!) I happened to see the two lads that we're yelling abuse at me in the car-park. They we're just 2 people infront of me... I've never been filled with the urge to throw heavy tins of mince pies at someone before!


But I guess today wasn't my day.


I know good ol' karma will singe their asses for me someday :D

No comments:

Post a Comment