Sunday 1 January 2012

新年快樂

Happy New Year! But in Chinese :D (relying on google translate of course ^^)


 2012, the year of the London Olympic games and coincidentally the year the world is supposed to come to and END! :O Oh my gush
 But do we really believe that? Are you one of the nieve majority that actually believe it.. Or are you one of the bunch that say they believe it to freak out those who actually believe it for funsies.. or maybe your one of the pompus few who, of course, don't believe a word of it!
 I'd have to put myself in my own category of 'in the middle'. Did the Mayan prophecy just simply run out of room? Or did they purposely do it for a laugh? Or maybe it's just a whole load of Wikipedia bollocks!


 You've heard it everywhere, and now you'll here it more than ever before since we're now in the year of 2012 and the end is apparently nigh! When the day of 21/12/12 comes, and we're all shitting ourselves as all our ancestors point and laugh at us, as it turns out it's just another normal day, and we're all crying over our maxed out credit cards because we've gone and bought a shit-load of pointless crap that caused our now-infinite debt - maybe then we'll stop being so gullible!


 Anywho!


 So what did we accomplish last year? ("Last year" - sounds so long ago, but really, 'last year' was only yesterday ^^). Did anyone do anything to remember for years to come? Did anyone even go through and succeed with their last years' New years resolution? I didn't! Mine was to loose weight, and congratulations, I just ended up gaining the bastard! *facepalm*


 But on the bright side, after I made a list (I had to!) of all the things I accomplished last year, it put a little smile on my face :) Here it is!


1) On the 9th June, I finished college and passed my Health studies course
2) I went on holiday with Robin to Cornwall for the second time on 16th June
3) I got 3 new Tattoos
4) I went to Sweden for my 18th birthday :)
5) I got 3 new piercings (Labret, Helix and Septum)
6) I pierced my Septum myself!
7) I managed to begin and end my gym membership in the same year
8) Betty had her first birthday (My car!) on the 27th April :)
9) Robin came to England to live on the 8th November
10) It's been a year since I passed my driving test (16th December, on my Nans birthday)
11) Robin applied for his National Insurance number :P
12) I shamefully went to the council to see if I could claim any benefits ^^
13) My brother moved to America! Go John! :D
14) I went to London, stood infront of Buckingham palace, walked past Number 10, Looked up at Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, and nearly went on the London eye (queue was too big!)
15) Me and Robin applied for our first apartment together :)
16) Oh! And I started my first blog!


 So, an eventful year indeed! There has also been some downs, but their not even worth jotting down as they're now officially in the past! Leave your worries and problems behind in the last year, that's what I say! There's no good dragging them into the new year, as you'll have to bare the burden of carrying them through another 365 days.. so what's the point? Exactly, there is none!


 Anything I'm looking forward to in the new year? Yea, there's a few things; Seeing if I get this apartment, and starting a chapter of living without the parents, but really, it will probably just end up feeling the same ^^. There's also a tattoo project that i'll like to work on, advancing in my baking profession, maybe travel somewhere new (me and Robin wanted to go up north and visit Scotland), and definitely loose some god damn weight! I hate you Christmas!


 Aww, no I don't, I love you Christmas :D But why you so mean to me? :( Stop forcing people to buy me chocolates!


 So what will your New Years Resolution be? Will it involve travelling, giving up something, making a new addition to your life? Or maybe it might just be something small, like to promise to do atleast one wordsearch a day :)
 Mine definitely won't be to loose weight, since I've had that for the last few years, and it hasn't worked, so maybe if I don't mention it, I can trick my body into thinking I don't care :D Muahaha!


 My brother has started his new year in America, which is something I never would have thought. Just goes to show that anyone can go from doing nothing, to travelling the world with an entire new career in a matter of months if you put your mind to it.


 Happy New Year Bro! :D


Oh and by the way, Robin got me a cool little book of misfortunes, so everyday i'll be posting the 'Horrorscopes' if you will, up on here :D


Todays Misfortune:


- January -
The Month of Plagues

Plant to avoid: Wolfsbane
Doomsday device: Icicle machine gun
Evil omen: Pentagram-shaped snowflake

January 1

Your indecisiveness will prove to be your biggest shortcoming. When faced with a tough decision, such as whether to confront a horde of hungry zombies or retreat to a dark, windowless basement, remember that your first instinct is generally your best.

Beware of: Clowns with sharpened teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment